Construction and Building Solutions
Monitor the progress of a building project, watch out for theft or vandalism or simply keep an eye on safety procedures, all from a remote location.
Simple when you have iDefigo working for you.
Houses, apartments, factories, offices, schools, roads and bridges are only some of the many varied projects undertaken by the construction industry. This industry’s activities include the building of new structures, as well as additions and modifications to existing ones.
Construction projects can be situated in any location and every project site is different. Construction projects can also be short or long term – many lasting for multiple years. Throughout the period of a construction project, the security and monitoring requirements can change many times over.
Security of materials and equipment
Monitoring of project progress (using time-lapse image capture and providing a separate secure login for clients to access live footage)
Monitoring sub-contractor movements to manage billing expectations (using time-lapse image capture)
iDefigo offers a range of solutions to fit the varying needs of the Construction Industry.
Each solution is simple to install and operate on any site. No wires or cabling required.
- RedEye Wireless: For temporary locations this discreet camera takes images on time-lapse to allow Project Managers to analyse progress at each site.
- RedEye Wireless Day/Night: Used for targeted, short-term operation to capture unlawful activity onsite. Featuring an inbuilt infra-red night vision spotlight, this solution is placed close to at-risk materials or equipment and set to trigger on motion.
- RedEye Extreme: For more demanding locations, this solution will last indefinitely onsite without the need for maintenance to recharge batteries.
- Able to work in Mixed mode, RedEye Extreme is used for both Project Management requirements and Security.
- RedEye Extreme Day/Night: Includes an “Advanced Light Control System”, which is operated by the REMOTE triggers or REMOTE beam-set. White light and Infra-Red light options are available.
- REMOTE triggers and REMOTE night vision spotlights: The ability to trigger RedEye camera hardware from up to 80m away allows security coverage of a wide area at sites.
All of our Wireless range of cameras feature the ability to view Live footage (iDefigo service) and to manage camera hardware from any location via the web. This allows site managers or a third party monitoring (Guard) service to receive and react to event alerts through a flexible and user friendly online interface that can seamlessly integrate with existing systems where necessary.
- Access Security
Surveillance of people and vehicles entering remote construction sites
- Site Management
Visual verification of who is on site out of business hours and to provide project management during business hours
- Project Management
Time lapse monitoring of progress on commercial construction projects
- Regulatory Compliance
Regulatory and contract complianceMonitoring Health & Safety, Resource Consents, etc
- Stakeholder Communication
Time lapse monitoring of project progress for stakeholder and marketing communications
Key Solution Features
- Easy and rapid deployment of cameras at any site, without the need for wiring or power.
- Mixed mode: The unique ability to use the same camera for both Motion activated footage (Security) and in Time-lapse mode (Project Management) means you can use one camera for a dual purpose. For example, on a Construction site the Project Manager may wish to receive images every 10 minutes or so from each site so they can analyze activity and decide priorities for site visits and so on. At the same time, when a construction site is not in use, the Managers may wish to be notified of any unauthorized visitors, so they would use the same camera during these times to detect any motion on site and alert them to possible issues.
- 24×7 operation with flexible lighting options: Unlike traditional lighting systems for sites, our light control system does not require mains power and can be triggered by external devices. This makes deployment easy to manage and adds flexibility and control around the triggering process – users are not limited to lights triggering within a small area of the site and can cover both a larger area and hard to get to locations.
- Footage can be viewed instantly from even the most remote sites: All the iDefigo cameras include an embedded Global SIM enabling the instant and secure of transmission of footage from any camera that is within cellular coverage.
- Cost effective: Fast easy deployment saves on site costs and the need for expert external advise on security and monitoring installations. Additionally no software licenses are required and no software needs to be installed on any computers within your organisation.